I must tell you what a treat it is for me to observe little Timmy Elijah from up here and all he is adding to my family. In the period after my transition mama, Wilbur and Bella were very sad and had no wag. Bringing Timmy E into our lives has brought back a spring in their steps and warmth in their hearts.
I’ve been taking notes, and these are my initial observations:
- Timmy is so flexible and limber… ah, youth! He runs and slips and trips and tumbles, all with a wag and a puppy smile. Actually, “run” is not the best description. He bounces and pounces like a bunny.
- Like moi, Timmy is food-obsessed. Not a great quality, but typical for our breed.
- Timmy is a natural fetcher. He loves to chase the ball and he actually brings it back to mama for another round…again & again. He’s such a sweet pup that he often presents the ball to Wilbur, dropping it in front of him. Timmy’s a natural born giver.
- I’ve always been an extroverted chap, happy to meet and greet anyone. Timmy, on the other paw, is a bit shy around new people and practically attaches himself to mama’s leg. I think it’s cute and charming. Mama’s friend Karin calls Timmy “velcro dog”.
- Although a bit reserved when making introductions, Timmy is fearless. He will push a door open
without knowing what’s on the other side (something Wilbur won’t do). He climbs and jumps with confidence. Grandma’s backyard has huge granite outcrops and all of us pups love to climb on the biggest one and play king of the mountain. Never have I witnessed a dog leap off the boulder until Timmy. Instead of cautiously walking down the rock like a billy goat, Timmy took a running leap and landed in a bush! Remarkably, mama had her finger poised on her camera to document this feat.
- Timmy is a love-bug… a snuggler extraordinaire, you might say. He loves sitting on mama’s lap, laying next to her using her as a pillow and sleeping with a paw draped over Wilbur.
- Timmy’s puppy energy, curiosity, love and zest for life are contagious and my family is feeling joyous and inspired again.
Puppy love… it really is one of the sweetest love affairs any creature can experience.
I want to hear about your puppy stories. Tell me what your dog was like as a youngster. Or your cat (I never discriminate!). See you around the water bowl, friends.